Thursday, August 18, 2016

honda odyssey 2007 noise dashboard

There are several reasons that your honda odyssey makes noise under the diashboard.

1. Bad AC ac actuator

It started as a clicking noise coming from the dashboard and I determined it was something called a vent door or blend door actuator. I am having the same issue with my 2006 and took too much of the dash apart before realizing I didn't have to. Anyway, I found that my actuator was not connected to the black track (I assume it jumped out during one of the times it got stuck). Took it out, put it back in and it only actuates between 86 and 89 degrees and when it does it actuates all the way. As I move it in one degree increments it does not appear to recognize the input. How much did you pay for the part and where did you get it? I am wondering if my issue was that it jumped out of the track and when I reinstalled it, I did not orient it properly and that is why it isn't actuating except in the 86 to 88 degree range?

It could cost anywhere from $30-$200, but you can DIY to grease it by open the plastic case with NO COST.

2007 Odyssey blend door actuator replacement.

2. If you heard a flapping sound from driver side.

Weird Ody noise from front drivers side when the car is cold. Then the problem could be the faulty Timing Belt Tensioner.

hey indicated that the hyd-tensioner is part of TB service @ their shop. Stated that to my dealership and they said, no, not here. I suggested that they offer it as an option to customers since the cost of the part is $120 and the labor for TB service is $450. Seems like a no-brainer. They wanted $770 to replace timing belt and new hyd-tensioner. After much wrangling I ended up paying $370

@ 105k miles, new TB+water pump by dealer $680. 115k miles start to hear clattering sound. now 132k miles and clattering isa embarrassingly loud. (like an engine w/ no oil) Went to an independent repair shop and he stated that the belt could slip @ any time and said he believed the problem to be hydraulic tensioner. back to the dealer... While waiting on the dealer I called 2 other Honda dealers in the area. T

BACK to FIX IT DIY INDEX

BLOG OF http://thingsthaticanfix.blogspot.com/

BLOG OF Amazon Kindle Browser

1 comment: